Solace Ministries was established in 1995 as a way to comfort widows and orphans who had endured the great tragedies of the 1994 genocide in which over 1 million people were murdered.
Solace Ministries ministers to widows and orphans through:
- Comforting survivors by listening to them and providing opportunities for them to share
- Counseling and trauma healing
- Helping orphans to access formal and informal education
- Encouraging forgiveness through Jesus Christ
- Allowing survivors, specifically those with HIV/AIDS to receive ARV and fighting stigma by reintegration in the community through community home based care
- Teaching farming and other skills to allow individuals to do more than just sustenance living
- And Much More!